We’re now on Facebook! Like us via the widget>>>.
What it is
Random Acts of Cake is a project to spread little acts of kindness via cake – providing a little moment of sugar-based sunshine for those who are in need of a bit of cheerful.
How it works
Random Acts of Cake is open to anyone who want to participate. Bakers pledge to bake a batch of cupcakes (or brownies or muffins or…) and deliver them to anyone who might deserve a little cake in their lives. This might take the form of:
- Small batches for friends, neighbours or coworkers who’ve had a hard time or been awesome lately
- Batch dropoffs for groups of people – hospital staff/patients, nursing homes, local businesses etc etc
- Random batch planting (leave a batch with a sign somewhere for strangers to pick up)
- Take nominations from friends for knock-and-run-style doorstep dropoffs
- Cake-bomb public places (library shelves, cafe tables etc)
- Any other way that’s unexpected and appreciated
How you can get involved
1. Become a baker. All you’ll need to do is pledge to bake a batch of sweet treats, then be willing to spend an hour or so delivering the treats.
2. Nominate recipients – get in touch via the Facebook page or Twitter hashtag to find bakers in your area.
3. Like our Facebook page to keep up to date with the project and any events happening.
Recent Random Acts of Cake posts:
Today was the first Random Acts of Cake day – we had 7 bakers sprinkled across 4 states. Awesome noms found their way to friends, friends of friends, neighbours, hospital staff, disabled and elderly people, and many smiles were had. Here’s a snapshot of the day: